Monday, March 12, 2007

A little behind in updating!

Okay...so I'm not doing to well at posting once a week. I gotta get on that. It's been so hectic around the house that when I get on the computer it's just to check emails and nothing else. I haven't even responded to my emails. So if you've sent me one and I haven't responded, PLEASE don't be offeneded. I love ya all, but just have been so damn busy.

We have 2 Japanese students with us. They came last Saturday and will leave this Sunday. Just 2 weeks. They are 17 and very pleasant boys. Unfortunately it was so miserable this weekend that I couldn't do anything with them. Friday night I took them to Dean's hockey game, which they really enjoyed. Saturday I dropped them off at the mall to do some shopping, and Sunday I took them to the movie store to rent a couple movies. I was very surprised that they didn't rent something in Japanese since their english is not good at all.

Jordan's doing really good. His guitar is coming along great! He is really picking up speed and it really sounds musical now. He's got all his basic notes down pat and can totally read his music. Now he's working on the chords. It's a little challenging for him since he strums with his affected hand and it doesn't "flow" as great as a "normal" hand would. But in typical Jordan fashion, he will conquer it. That reminds me of how every night when he went to bed I would say to him "Who's the king of the world?" and he would reply "ME!" Then I would say " Who can conquer anything?" and again he would say "ME!". I've tried so hard to drive that into him and now I think it's starting to pay off. Yesterday he had the baseball glove on and I was throwing the ball to him. He would catch it and use his affected hand to take it out of the glove and throw it back to me. After awhile of this he said "Mommy, I think I want to play baseball next year." YEAH!! I was hoping inside of me that one day he would even though it's gonna be a huge challenge for him. Then he said " But I don't think I can be pitcher cause you have to turn your hand over and I can't". I told him that that's only in softball or slo pitch and that in the kind of baseball that he will play they throw it over hand and that he would be able to. His whole face lit up. I have already decided not to play spring/summer ball this year. Well, before you all think that I've lost my mind, I did say that I would "spare" where needed. I want to spend more time with the kids this summer. We do bring them to the ball park with us, so either Dean or I end up sitting or even someone sits and watches the kids. I don't want that anymore. I want to watch my own kids! They love coming to the park, riding their bikes and playing in the dirt. Jordan can bring is bat and glove and I will have more time to play with him. I still have many more years in my career, so one year won't hurt.

Logan continues to be a challenge. He's a total monster! He has such a mind of his own. We laugh daily at the things that come out of this child's mouth. Just amazes us!! I could go on and on about the mischief that he causes but well...I'll save that for when I got more time!

No comments: