Sunday, December 14, 2008

It seems like a Pattern

That I have to keep summarizing the months as they go by. It's funny, I can log into the Garden, I can play pogo game, and I can read everyone else's blogs, but I can't ever update my own. The one that was started for the boys. The one that I was going to be so diligent about updating. Ha!! But really if you know me, you know that I always take on way too much.

That being said I'm wearing a multitude of hats this year. Since September, I've become Co-Chair of the PAC, continued my roll as Hot Lunch Coordinator and taking on the great position as Coach of Jordan's soccer team. The "Nike Swish"boys are great, and I am enjoying it alot more than I expected. I have a great group of parents (but as you know, there is always 1!!) and a fantastic manager who seriously leaves nothing for me to do except coach. It's great. And I'm slowly learning something about this game. Hopefully by March, I'll know atleast 1/2 the rules!

Jordan really enjoyed his cross Canada tour with Ma and Papa. I think the best part for him was getting to visit Nan and Pop in Newfoundland. It was a hard 8 weeks for Dean and I without him, but knowing that it was the best experience in the world for him we sucked it up. I really think that Logan missed him tons.

Jordan's now in grade 4. He's doing really well in school. We just got his report card and I was impressed. He continues to struggle in the language arts area, but with the help of an SEA he's doing great. He started swimming lessons again and in January will be going into level 8. He breezed right through levels 6 and 7, and boy, is he ever a fish! Swimming seems to be one of the areas where he's really excelling. Perhaps in the summer, I will put him in a Swim Club. He wants to also try skating again. But we'll talk more in January about that.

Logan started his second year of preschool in September, but it's not really his thing. He's doesn't get excited about going, and really could care less if he goes. So he won't go back in January. He'll start Kindergarten in September and I want to cherish these last months that he's at home. He's doing really well in swimming and is just finishing Preschool Level 5. He's becoming quite the little fish like his brother. Dean's also got a project on the go with him. He started skating lessons in September and once or twice a week Dean takes him to parent and tot hockey night. The kids get all suited up and go out and pass the puck around with their parents. In January he is going to start Tips for Tots which is a program that teaches them the basics of hockey. I'll post a picture later of Logan all suited up.

The boys are both very excited about Christmas. It's going to be a quiet one because Ma and Papa are going to Seattle to see Clara and Emma....oh yeah...Kevin got married to Stacy in August. Great wedding and we are very happy to have Stacy and Emma in our lives.

That's all for now, and no promises when I'll update again.
Love you all,
Kelli

No comments: