Tuesday, June 5, 2007

June 4, 2007

Again, almost another month goes by without a post from me. What can I say? It's spring and our most hectic time of the year. Ball usually takes up 2-4 nights a week, and then whatever sports Jordan is doing. Weekends are either tournies or puttering around the house. Next thing I know, September will be here and I'll wonder where the heck the summer went.

What's new? Hmmm...not too much. Totally enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having. After school the kids and I are going to head to the waterpark when it's nice. They love to take their water guns and just run around for a couple hours before dinner.

Last Thursday Logan had a rough day. It started out at the water park where he was climbing in the water trusses and fell out. He hit his head and scratched up his elbow. Then, that night at the ball park he fell a few times riding his scooter. Scratched up his knees and got a small cut on his ankle. Well, by Sunday that little cut had gotten infected. I took him to the walk in clinic and then doctor prescribed oral antibiotics and some antibiotic ointment. He also said he needed a tetnus shot, but didn't have any for kids under 7. So yesterday I took him to the doctor. My intentions were never to not vaccinate him but to have him on a delayed schedule. I should have started this when he was 2, but it just slipped past me. So, yesterday he got his first set of vaccinations. 3 NEEDLES!!! Nope, can't say I was impressed, but you do what you gotta do. I've never heard such a blood curdling scream out of his mouth. And of course, I cried too. After the doctor was done he gave Logan some raisins. Logan just hucked them back at him. Once we were back out in the waiting room he was better and then I took him down to the pharmacy and let him fill a bad up with suckers. Last night he had a fever, which I know is normal. His whole little body was also sore, but hopefully he's feeling today. So that's all done for another 2 months. I think for the next set, I'll take him to the health unit. I don't want him associated the doctor with needles and being afraid.

That's all for now,
Love ya all!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow!! I was wondering when you were going to post again!! Logan and Lauren make a great pair with all their scrapes and bruises. we need to get them together at a park or something. You bring the bandaids and I'll bring the polysporin. :)

Unknown said...

Poor Logan! He's had a rough week! Raisins, what a joke, give me the good stuff man....At least if you're gonna stick me three times, better make it worth my while! The water park sounds fun! Great idea about the water guns. I saw some at Costco for 15 bucks for two of them. At the time I had said no to Ryan, that he had to ask dad. Maybe next time if they still got them. Can't wait to see you and the boys! Take Care Tara