Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to School




Everyone says that it's the most wonderful time of the year, but I don't get it. I love having the kids home all summer. No schedules, do what we want when we want and no stress in general. Jordan wasn't very excited to go back. Surprised me a bit, because it's his last year in elementary school before heading to middle school. But, you know, he is 10 and I can't expect him to keep getting excited about going back to school.
Logan was so excited! This morning I told him that if he stayed home with mommy for one more year, then I would take him to Disneyland. He declinded and told me that he needed to go to school. Fair enough, but you can't knock me for trying.
We got to school and headed into the gym. Logan went up front with the rest of the Kindergarteners and never looked back. When it was time to go to his class, he waved by. I peeked in on him a couple times and he was participating in everything. It was only 45 minutes today, but he confirmed to me that he was totally ready. Yes, I cried like a baby!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are they standing in front of your new garage? I haven't seen it yet.....take some pics and post so I can see!.....We have the meet and greet with preschool tomorrow for Shane and then m/w/f for 2 hours....I'll be skipping to school on Monday!

StampingBetty said...

September is so busy. Looks like you have your hands full and are pulling it off fabulously.