Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

And now begins are very busy time of the year. I love spring and summer. We spend so much time outdoors and this year we are going to be doing alot of camping. Dean has just gotten the motorhome all ready for our first trip this weekend. He's like a little kid in a candy store. So excited. Last week he spent a couple hours taking the tarp off from the winter and washing the whole outside of it. Yesterday he spent alot of time inside, making sure the fridge and water was working and most importantly the furnace. I think we are going to need that in the mornings still. Today he was doing all the little "touch ups". It's stocked now and ready to go. It will be nice when we sell it and get a trailer. We need a little more room than what we've got, but I'm not complaining. It's still better than tenting it. What I really want in the next trailer is bunk beds. It will be really nice for the boys to have their own beds rather than sharing them.

It's supposed to be beautiful weather this weekend. It's going to be so nice to have the boys outside all day. I'm sure that they will crash each night, but of course it's going to have to be dark before they fall asleep. I'm looking forward to kicking back and relaxing all weekend. Their is nothing more relaxing than pulling up a chair next to the campfire and just sitting back with a book or watching the kids playing.

Jordan's guitar lessons are really coming along. I'm amazed how well he can already read music. Thankfully he takes after me for that. I've also been paying attention during his lessons, and often find myself with his guitar in my hands playing what he had learned each week. He's also doing really well in swimming lessons. The boy is a total fish! He's very attentive in class and his teachers always love him.

Logan's newest thing is "Dude". We are all dudes. "Yes dude", "No Dude" "Okay Dude" I must hear that about 100 times a day. The other thing that he learned from his best friend next door is "Sweet". Nothing is cool or good anymore, it's sweet!! It's very funny. Oh yeah, and if it's not sweet, it's excellent..lol. He's such a sweetie!!

Have a great long weekend!

No comments: