Thursday, February 8, 2007

Back to Newfoundland

Dean's parents left to go back to Newfoundland on Sat morning. What a trip they had. When they got to Deer Lake, it was very stormy and had quite a rough landing. Apparently the plane came down with a thud and then went sideways. You all know my fear of flying? Well, Dean's dad's fear is even worse. So I can just imagine how he was feeling. Anyways, they were to spend that night at a family member's place and then take the bus back to Stephenville the next afternoon. Well, it was too stormy to go, and the roads were closed. They tried again Monday and got as far as Cornerbrook then the bus wouldn't go any farther. The spend the night at their nephew's and finally got home Tues around 11am. I'm sure that they were totally exhausted, but very glad to be home. 2 months is a long time to be away. I think that the kids miss them, and hopefully withing 2 years we will see them again. You know, something's just not right about that. Seeing your parents every 2 years? I couldn't imagine going 2 months let alone 2 years.

As usual it's been a busy week. Between me hitting the gym 3 times a week, and the kids activities, the days just fly by. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like once Logan gets into all the activities the Jordan's in. I guess my new job will be taxi driver.

Logan's had a bad cold all week and complaining of a sore tummy. Thank goodness he will take his cough syrup at night and can pretty well go all night without coughing.

My birthday's coming up on Sat, so I think that Dean and I are going to try and go out for dinner, then maybe head over to Chad's to play cards. We had gone to Dave and Debbie's house last Sat night to play cards with them and Sue and Mur, and had a great time! It was so nice playing cards with 6 people that all knew how to play.

Anyways...staying true to my word about posting once a week, I did, even though it's not too exciting. Hopefully the next post will be a little more exciting!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bloggers live for the everyday stuff! What kind of cards are you playing? I really hope you have a wonderful birthday. I guess the kids will stay with your mom and dad. I feel busy and I'm not even working and Ryan isn't into anything yet. I'm at a loss as to what to do with him. Any suggestions? Anyway, good post. Talk to you soon!
Tara

Jules said...

You are a saint for having your inlaws stay with you for that long!